Favorite request of the day: “ill have lettuce, tomato, and don’t be a Jew with the jalepenos”
Unimportant Observations of the Day
1. I have a severe dislike for khaki. Light cream khaki is not as offensive, but it still really bothers me. The darker mustard colored khaki is atrocious. Khaki pants are the worst, though the shorts aren’t too much better. Even the word bothers me. Saying it, writing it, reading it- just makes me unhappy. The very concept of blandness that I identify with it just ruins my day. I would much rather live in a khaki-less world.
2. I think my mother ruined me by giving food rewards when I was a child. Even now, if I’m having a bad day or if I do something well I give myself a cookie or chocolate as a reward. Soda especially is a high honor. We used to be given soda for only very special occasions, and I still get excited about having a coke.
3. I need a favorite animal. I’ve narrowed the choices down, but it’s still very difficult to make a decision.
1. Giraffe- Cool looking and very mysterious. What sound do they make? What are those horns for? Do they really have the same number of neck bones as humans? (Seven- for the record) Very mysterious. Maybe to mysterious…their height concerns me. And their color is a little too close to khaki. But I really like the way the word sounds, and it’s fun to write two c consecutive f’s.
2. Koala- ohsocuuuteeee. BUT- why only eucalyptus? Isn’t that a little boring? And it’s poisonous to other animals but why not the koala? Just all a liitle to convenient for me.
3. Platypus- cliche. Even though I love the song.
4. Horses, Dogs, Dolphins- all too cliche.
5. NARWHAL- Caps are necessary. Would definitely be it but it’s kind of like saying you’re emo then listening to Saosin. Too expected. To expected….Too expected. I think it’s too.
Boo, class is starting. To be continued :)
I was looking through some of my old blogs from highschool and found this. It’s interesting how something I wrote so long ago can still resonate with me 3 years later.
Little bit of a “The Time Travelers Wife” kind of situation.9/14/2009
os skool gnihtyrevE
evah ot evah I taht wonk I
I’m so tired.
And honestly, I have been begging for answers
That you and only you can give to me…
I’ll be here by the ocean
Just waiting for proof that there’s sunsets and silhouette dreams
All my sand castles fall like the ashes of cigarettes
And every waves drags me to sea
I could stand here for hours
Just to ask God the question, “Is everyone here make-believe?”
With a tear in His voice, He said, “Son, that’s the question.”
Does this deafening silence mean nothing to no one but me?
.ysae taht erew ti ylno fi
Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD.
My soul faints with longing for your salvation, but I have put my hope in your word.
“But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him.”
But You, O LORD, are a shield for me, My glory and the One who lifts up my head. I cried to the LORD with my voice, And He heard me from His holy hill. I lay down and slept; I awoke, for the LORD sustained me. I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people. Who have set themselves against me all around.
But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; Let those also who love Your name Be joyful in You. For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous; With favor You will surround him as with a shield.
I will love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies.
For You will light my lamp; The LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.You have also given me the shield of Your salvation; Your right hand has held me up, Your gentleness has made me great.
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.He makes me to lie down in green pastures;He leads me beside the still waters.He restores my soul;He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake.Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,I will fear no evil;For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
I will fear no evil, for my God is with me. And if my God is with me whom then shall I fear? Whom then shall I fear?
For greater things have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done in this City